When you start putting effort and dedication into your website, you will want to know how it’s doing out there in the sea among all those other fish. To get a good picture on your own, without resorting to expensive marketing companies, first, you can try and complete a competitor analysis report. It can be as simple as the one I provide in the link or as complicated as you like.
For most of the fields you can use WooRank, which I link to below; but there are a number of other tools out there that might help you keep an eye on your website’s progress and give you the means you need to improve it.
Here are some of the tools I have used myself for SEO, competitor analysis, and tips for my own website.
- Hubspot Marketing Grader: Marketing Grader measures your entire marketing funnel and gives you advice on how to get more out of your marketing. For an idea on how it works check out my blog post on HubSpot’s Marketing Grader
- WooRank Website Analytics: Website Analysis & Internet Marketing tips for your website
- WebRankStats: Domain Stats and Website Stats like Google Pagerank, Alexa, Compete and Quantcast Rank, pages indexed and backlinks in Google
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool: Find the best keywords relevent to your website, services or product.
- Spyfu: Who is running advertising campaigns for the keywords you are interested in. This tool is not free but does provide a 30 day trial period.
- Alexa: Provides information about websites including Top Sites, Internet Traffic Stats and Metrics, Related Links, Online Reviews, Contact Information.
- Quantcast: Site traffic and demographic trends
- Open site explorer: Keep track of the backlinks to any given website
Hope they help you as much as they have helped me!